The "tweak it till I decide I'm done" phase
Well it happened again. I got to thinking and I decided phase III has begun! 2BlueSC needs a new tranny and while I'm at I think I'll throw a few other things on to compliment the tranny. I know I shoulda listened to people and did it this way from the start... mah bad.
- Changes between OBD-I and OBD-II pin/circuits?
- Add MAP again
- Add additional tranny controls
- Add knock sensor #2
- Anything else?
- Trans mounts?
- What about half shafts?
- First and foremost, fix the trans, switch to 4t65e-HD from ZZP
- ZZP tranny with 3.29, 4340 Input Shaft, 4t60e for core - $2675
- 2500 RPM stall TC + flex plate - $390
- ZZP aluminum 1.6 ratio roller rocker package + 105# springs - $550
- Custom halfshafts?
- Find 99+ ECU - $150
- DHP PwrTuners software - $395
- Slot upper control arms and get it re-aligned once and for all
- Alcohol injection and tuning :-D
- Drain fluids, Drop engine, inspect
- Figure out what new gaskets are needed, order
- Pick-up new transmission, drop off current as core
- Decide if need new WCF trans mount, order if needed
- MAP, mount on firewall
- Additional tranny controls
- Rewire to new PCM connectors (cry)
- Reassemble engine with new go-fast parts, mount on cradle
- Measure half-shaft lengths, make halfshafts
Direct all questions, comments, and suggestions to my AIM screen name @ nitroteen.